Saturday, May 25, 2013

RV Maintenance - Cleaning the Roof

One thing that has to be done a few times a year, is cleaning the roof of your RV and inspecting the seams.  This being my first RV with a rubber roof, I asked Rousseau's RV what to use.  They recommended BEST Rv Roof Cleaner with UV Protectant.  Just say, it worked quite well.  I am going to do it a few times a year, especially since I park under a tree at either my house or Jen's.

I used a spray bottle to spray it on at full strength.  The bottle suggested full strength for annual or semiannual applications, and 1:1 dilution for more frequent use.  I will be using the 1:1 for the monthly and/or pretrip washes. 

 Rinsed the roof off first.  The shine from the water makes it look better than it was.

 Good example of how dirty it was.

 Here is a 50/50 look.  Top is unwashed, bottom is washed.  Damn, what a difference!!

Another look at the clean side.

 This is the dirty side, looking over at the clean side.

 Finished product!!!
So much better looking now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment