Saturday, May 25, 2013

Trailer Mod - MaxxAir II Roof Vent Cover

One thing that I wanted for my trailer was roof vent covers.  First one to be put on was the one for the bathroom.  Since this one already had a high powered fan, I decided to put on a MaxxAir II cover.  Installation was simple, and was complete in less than one hour.  Any handy RV person, who is not afraid to get on his/her roof (yes, I am afraid, but grew a set and got on there) should be able to complete this project.

I was hoping that this was going to be more simple than it was, since the previous owner had roof vent covers and had removed them.  WRONG.  Difference brand/style of covers, and the holes didn't line up.  So, I had to make my own holes.

 First, attach the hinged side.  I took my time, making sure everything was correct.

 After 2 screws, I took the cover off to get to the other 2 screws.  The instructions said to use the self tapping screws for installation in a Fan-Tastic fan installation.

 I then put the cover on, and mark where the brackets lined up for the clip side.I then drilled and installed the 4 self tapping screws.

Finished Product.

My other roof vent will get a MaxxAir TurboMaxx fan.  That, is a bit more expensive, and a bit more work.  I hope to have that installed by the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment