Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Campground Review - Strawberry Park Resort

This past weekend, we spent the weekend at Strawberry Park, located in Preston, Ct.  They had a special that weekend.  Camping for the entire weekend was $40, with early arrival and late departure.  And, to add to it, you participated in sprucing up the place, you get a $40 credit on your account for a future stay.  That is like camping for free.

I arrived at the campground to see they were in full swing getting ready for summer.  Additional drainage was being installed, and roads were being prepped to be paved.  To me, paved roads are not necessary at a campground, but this is more of a resort.

This place had a lot of seasonal sites.  Also, the sites were sort of close together, but not uncomfortably close.  My site in particular was the perfect size for my 21BH.  I guess that is why they ask for RV size and if it has slideouts.  They knew my unit would fit in my site.

I also noticed that the sites were not all the same.  My site appeared to be a small seasonal site, complete with meter, 20, 30, and 50 amp hookups.  My water hookup was very close to the ground, and I had difficulty hooking up my water regulator.  My site also had a brick patio, which I saw many others didn't.

Because it was early season, not all activities were available.  Surprisingly, one of the pools, which was heated, was open.  We didn't bring our bathing suits.

One plus, they changed their pet policy.  The old policy was that you had to drive your pet to the pet play area.  That would be impossible if you had a coach with no toad.  But now, you can walk your pet around the park as long as you're responsible.

Because the park seems to be great, and it is a little over an hour from home, we would most likely stay there again.  Staff was great and friendly.  There seems to be a lot of activities for adults and kids alike.  I would recommend this park to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment