Monday, April 8, 2013

Trailer Mod - 5lb Propane Tank

I hate those little 1 pound green "disposable" propane containers.  Yes, I know, with some effort, they can be refilled.  But, they are still a pain in the rear.  So, many years ago, I have gotten myself a nice 5lb propane bottle.  It is used everywhere I bring my grill or stove.

My issue, where do I keep it.  I really don't want a 5lb bomb rolling around inside a match stick box.  I look at my tongue, and there it was.  The unused portion of my battery box.

Now, I am not a boondocker...as of yet.  And, if I do boondock, it will probably be for just a night at the beach.  A single battery should do fine, so there is no need at this time for more than one battery.

So here it is.  A simple mod, using aluminum angle, aluminum flat, and 2 rubber bungee cords.


Now, if one of the regulator companies would take my suggestion, then maybe I can do away with this 5 pounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment